Monday, February 22, 2010

THE ART OF BEING “HAPPY”

I came across the thought of writing on this topic rather than much usual topics of Business because of one short incident of which I was an important part of.
But before sharing that incident with you, let me ask one question:
HOW WILL YOU MAKE & KEEP YOURSELF HAPPY IN TODAY’S HECTIC, TECHNOSAVVY & SHOWY LIFESTYLE?OR Let me put it this way:
What actually happiness is for you??
With the number of diverse & different people that our country has, the answers to these questions also will be too different & unique.
I do not know what others think, but for me, it has a simple relationship with the way you live i.e..
“More simple you live, more happy you will be”.
That absolutely not means that people who have enormous amount of money & lavish lifestyle are not happy. Like in Business, here also the concepts of Long term happiness & Short term happiness exist.

Drinks, partying with friends, having stylish cell phones or having latest gadgets are all the things & means to be happy but they are of Short term. On the other hand, happiness that you get via spending beautiful moments with family, helping needy people, & living a life smoothly (without having a guilt inside you of doing something which you shouldn’t do), is the real happiness (Long term).

I believe the moment of true happiness can only be one that exist for long term –
When you help either directly or indirectly the "needy" people.
I surely can say that you will get the opportunity to practice it in bulk in the country like India. It will give you that much of satisfaction that you surely cann’t get via all other things.

Now coming back to the incident that I was earlier talking of:
Actually, a week ago I came back to my hometown via Delhi, where I had a brief halt at ISBT. A person, seems to be an old one, came towards me & started talking to me informally. Later on, he said that he want some money to purchase a bus ticket to go to Chandigarh because someone had stolen his purse & he need to go urgently as he had a court “peshi” [court’s summon to be present there]. Later on, via having a talk more, he said he had his relatives in Panchkula, & at this time no other option is available for him. He also has some problem in his legs & could not be able to walk properly.
I once thought whether the case is a genuine one? So I think not to give money but to go with him & purchase the ticket to Chandigarh & give it to him. I had given it to him & not the money & later saw from behind a sense of relief on his face after getting the ticket.

I felt so obliged that I got a wonderful opportunity to help that person, thanks to God.
I felt so satisfied & that is the real happiness for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment